This Privacy Notice tells you how adidas collects and uses the information you provided us which can be used to identify you directly or indirectly (“Personal Data”) for the purposes of administering adiClub membership.
For the purposes described in this Notice and compliance with local privacy laws and the GDPR, the following adidas entities are responsible:
adidas AG - Adi-Dassler Str. 1, 91074 Herzogenaurach, Germany (”adidas AG”)
adidas Local Selling Entities - Please consult section 7. adidas Local Selling Entities below for the corresponding Local Selling Entity for the Country of your residence
Also, for the purposes of:
- SALES OF ADIDAS PRODUCTS – ONLINE AND OFF-LINE ORDER
- PRODUCT RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
The adidas entities below are responsible for your Personal Data:
adidas Local Selling Entities
adidas International Trading AG - Am Platz 1b, Root D4, Luzern, 6039, Switzerland
They are known as the adidas “Joint Controllers” under the GDPR and local privacy laws. They are jointly responsible for determining why (“Purpose”), how (“Processing”), and if (“Lawful Basis”) we use your Personal Data. In this Notice, we call them “Responsible Entities” to make it easier for you to understand.
For some scenarios described in this Notice, there may be other adidas and/or non-adidas entities also responsible for using your Personal Data, please refer to the specific scenario for more information.
adidas AG, as the main establishment under the GDPR, is primarily responsible in determining compliance strategy, implement necessary technical solutions to help you exercise your rights. It is the main point of contact for any questions concerning this Notice or how adidas uses and protects your personal data in any EU/EEA countries as well as the UK and Switzerland. For any questions concerning this Notice or how adidas uses and protects your personal data in any non-EU/EEA countries including the UK and Switzerland, please contact the applicable adidas Local Selling Entity.
Note: Under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“EU GDPR”), the responsible companies identified in this section are known as “Data Controllers”.
adidas collects and uses your adiClub membership Personal Data for the purposes of:
- 1. Compliance with Membership Terms and Conditions; and
- 2. Profiling for Personalised Content, Experience, Business & Marketing Analytics and Targeted Marketing Messages
1. Compliance with Membership Terms and ConditionsPROCESSING
When you apply and create a membership account, we collect and use your Personal Data to administer your account and comply with the adiClub Terms and Conditions.
This includes the following:
- a. collecting, storing, and processing the Personal Data you provided in the registration form to create a membership profile and account for you;
- b. assigning a membership ID to your profile and account and using the membership ID along with other Identity Information you provided to identify you;
- c. storing your membership account log-in details in our global authentication platform to allow you to log in to all eligible adidas platforms (adidas website, adidas app, CONFIRMED app, adidas Running app, and adidas Training app) with one set of log-in details;
- d. displaying your current membership status, including your profile information, level, points, and other relevant information in all adidas domains and apps;
- e. sending you membership administration messages via email including messages about your account status (level up and/or down), management (rewards unlocked for you and how to retrieve them) and maintenance requests (for example, password reset);
- f. sending you membership administration messages via push notification in adidas apps about your account status (level up and/or down), and management (rewards unlocked for you) and maintenance requests (for example, password reset) - you can switch off push notifications at any time using “Settings” in your mobile devices. However, if you switch off push notifications, we may need to contact you via emails for important messages relating to your membership;
- g. verifying and using your profile and account information for the purpose of participating in member-exclusive challenges and/or raffles - this will also include sharing your contact details with partners who support us with administering the raffles especially in the case where you have won a prize;
- h. calculating your club points to provide you rewards - this will include sharing your data with partners who support us with administering the reward, where the reward may be provided via a partner or exclusively by the partner;
- i. updating your point status once you have used points to redeem awards;
- j. keeping track of your redemption activity and history;
- k. providing you access to special offers and promotions;
- l. sending you invitations to exclusive events;
- m. allowing you access to limited edition products;
- n. providing you adidas running and training Basic Features (subject to change) as part of membership offering;
- o. providing you access to adidas running and training Premium Features offered as a reward of membership in accordance with membership Terms and Conditions;
- p. providing you access to adidas running and training Premium Features via a subscription purchased from runtastic GmbH;
- q. storing your shipping address and payment details to shorten check-out time online and in the app;
- r. storing your complete order history so you can access it at any time;
- s. allowing you to track your order delivery from your account;
- t. accessing your membership profile and providing you services and support – including updating your account information following your instructions, providing you with support and answer your queries about your account, your purchases, technical support for using our apps, supporting you with your privacy queries - when you contact adidas through various communication channels using your membership ID and profile;
- u. storing all Personal Data we collect from you directly or indirectly that has been identified via your membership ID or email with your membership profile, including details you may have shared at a adidas brand retail store and outlet and participating adidas franchised stores to enable for the purposes of calculating points and levels to enable all the points listed above; and
- v. sharing Membership Administration Information with adiClub Partners and receiving data from adiClub partners for the purpose of Earning Points and Rewards as specified in the Terms and Conditions – this is strictly based on your explicit consent at the time where the data is collected by adiClub Partners; if you wish to stop sharing data with the adiClub Partner or with adidas, you can withdraw your consent at any time.
Performance of Contract (PROCESSING: a – u)
Consent (PROCESSING: v)CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA
Membership Administration Information
Mobile Device Information
Image and Recordings (when available to adidas)
Personal Opinion (when available to adidas)
Measurements (when available to adidas)
Payment, Purchase and Transaction Information (when available to adidas)
Social Media Interaction and Activity (when available to adidas)
Fitness Activity Information (when available to adidas)
Behavioural and Preference Information (when available to adidas)RETENTION PERIOD
Duration of contract and statutory limitation period. We need to keep the information in case of any legal disputes concerning the contract.CATEGORIES OF RECIPIENTS
adidas AG Subsidiaries and Affiliates
Prospective Buyers and Investors
Business Consulting Service Providers
Data Analytics Solution Providers
2. Profiling for Personalised Content, Experience, Business & Marketing Analytics and Targeted Marketing MessagesPROCESSING
We use your Personal Data to create personalised content for you and make sure we interact with you in a manner that you are more likely to keep and maintain your membership, respond to our targeted marketing messages, and to continue purchase adidas products and use adidas platforms.This includes the following:
- a. sending you personalised email messages about how to gain club points or retain your level including promotional messages about adidas products, services and lifestyle recommendations - you can unsubscribe from this message at any time by using the “Unsubscribe” function in the message;
- b. sending you push notification via adidas apps about how to gain club points or retain your level including promotional messages about adidas products, services, and fitness and lifestyle recommendations - you can switch off push notifications at any time using “Settings” in your mobile devices. However, you may still receive email messages which you can unsubscribe directly in the email messages;
- c. tracking and monitoring your online browsing behaviour (if you have logged in and accepted our use of certain tracking technologies on the website and in our apps including using Cookies, Pixels, Tags);
- d. storing all Personal Data we collect from you directly or indirectly that has been identified via your membership ID or email with your membership profile, including details you may have shared at a adidas brand retail store and outlet and participating adidas franchised stores to enable for the purposes of calculating points and levels, and using them to enrich your membership profile as detailed below; and
- e. analysing and assessing all Personal Data we collect from you directly or indirectly that has been identified via your membership ID or email with your membership profile, including details you may have shared at a adidas brand retail store and outlet and participating adidas franchised stores. More specifically, this includes using your Personal Data in the following ways:
PROFILING (AUDIENCE MANAGEMENT)
We create a profile about you by consolidating all the information you provided to us directly or indirectly. This allows us to establish a personalised interaction with you that is based on our past interaction, and other information we can use to infer your likes and dislikes. We use audience management technologies to ensure the right messages and information reach you at the right moment through the right channel. This includes sending you marketing messages of deals and products or addressing you across digital media through ads on adidas brand platforms. The level of personalisation depends on the permission you have provided to us.
We use your data for different analytical purposes to better understand: a) how you browse and use our platforms; b) which products you are interested in; c) which features of our products and platforms you like; d) the quality of our services including customer service, marketing and advertising campaigns addressed to you, and your reaction to these services; e) our product and website design; f) and whether overall user experience worked for you or not. We use this analysis to improve the relevance of our marketing communication to you and the quality of our personalisation experience across our channels and platforms.
We create a single, unified consumer profile of you by matching all personal data which you can be identified. This includes personal data we collected directly or indirectly from you across digital media or offline, the feedback you provide to us, your interaction and communication with us through our various platforms and communication channels.
IMPROVE DATA MODELS
We use data science and your profile and personal data to create data models that can help us improve the logic in our analytics activities that give us more insight about your comments and feedback, your interactions, preference and needs in our products and services. We will compare the data model we created using your profile with other similar consumer profiles and categories to further predict and analyse your preference.LEGAL BASIS
You have the right to object to our legitimate interest at any time.CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA
- Membership Administration Information
- Identity Information
- Contact Information
- Browsing Information
- Mobile Device Information
- Image and Recordings (when available to adidas)
- Personal Opinion (when available to adidas)
- Measurements (when available to adidas)
- Payment, Purchase and Transaction Information (when available to adidas)
- Social Media Interaction and Activity (when available to adidas)
- Fitness Activity Information (when available to adidas)
- Behavioural and Preference Information (when available to adidas)
Duration of membership and for as long as you do not object to our legitimate interest by deleting your Personal DataCATEGORIES OF RECIPIENTS
- adidas AG Subsidiaries and Affiliates
- Prospective Buyers and Investors
- Business Consulting Service Providers
- Data Analytics Solution Providers
- Email Marketing Support Providers
- adiClub Partners
adidas may need to share your Personal Data with other companies to complete the purpose and the processing of your Personal Data described in this Privacy Notice. Where the other companies are located outside or your country of residence, or outside the EU/EEA, adidas will make sure your Personal Data is protected in accordance with the laws of your country of residence even when it has been transferred abroad.
To be more specific, we implement the following measures: a) contracts; b) information security controls; and c) organisational privacy standards and processes. More details provided in “4. HOW DO WE SECURE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?”.
adidas concludes appropriate contracts and/or contractual clauses to ensure the privacy standard we established is maintained when we share your Personal Data with other adidas and third-party companies located within or outside your country of residence. This includes: inter-company agreements, data processing agreements, data transfer agreements or data privacy clauses approved by regulatory authorities such as the EU Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the EU Commission.
B) INFORMATION SECURITY CONTROLS
adidas has sufficient information security controls to address the risks and the impacts corresponding to our use of your Personal Data, including loss, alteration, or unauthorised access to your Personal Data as a result of malicious intent (hacking) or negligence (human error). Please be aware that any transmission of your Personal Data through the internet is at your own risk. We can only protect your Personal Data once we have access to it.
C) ORGANISATIONAL STANDARD AND PROCESSES
adidas has privacy standard and processes in place to ensure necessary privacy impact assessments are completed before we collect and process any Personal Data, as well as processes to ensure compliance with privacy legal requirements and to enable you to exercise your rights under the law.
Depending on your country of residence, you may have the following rights to your Personal Data: a) right to delete your personal data; b) right to access your personal data; c) right to correct your personal data; d) right to object to direct marketing and commercial messages; and e) right to withdraw your consent.
If you are located in a EU/EEA country, Switzerland, and the UK, you have the following rights specifically under the EU GDPR:
- ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- MAKE SURE YOUR PERSONAL DATA ARE CORRECT
- DELETE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- RESTRICT HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- OBTAIN A PORTABLE FILE SO YOU CAN SHARE IT WITH ANOTHER COMPANY
- WITHDRAW YOUR CONSENT
- OBJECT WHEN WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA BASED ON “LEGITIMATE INTEREST”
- CHALLENGE THE DECISION GENERATED BY OUR AUTOMATED DECISION-MAKING PROCESS
- FILE A COMPLAINT WITH YOUR LOCAL DATA PROTECTION SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY
If you are located outside the EU/EEA, Switzerland and the UK, you may also have similar rights under local applicable laws. However, the requirements may differ. Please check out the websites or contact your local privacy authorities to understand how your rights mean under the local law. If you wish to exercise your rights or if you need any help, please contact adidas Customer Service who will be able to assist you with your request. You can find contact information of our local Customer Service by visiting: adidas CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM and go to “Contact Us”.
Please find below the adidas Local Selling Entity for your country of residence.
Austria: adidas Austria GmbH | Adi-Dassler-Gasse 6, Klagenfurt-Viktring, 9073, Austria
Belgium: adidas Benelux B.V. (Belgium Branch) | Plesmanstraat 1, Sports Business Centre / Showrooms 10 & 11, Leusden, 3833 LA, Netherlands
Czech Republic: adidas CR s.r.o. | Pekarská 16, Jinonice, Prague 5, 155 00, Czech Republic
Denmark: adidas Danmark A/S | Oster Alle 56, 2 sal, Copenhagen K, 2100, Denmark Finland : adidas Suomi Oy | 3, Kiinteistö Oy Helsingin, Itämerentalo, Tammasaarenlaituri, Helsinki, 00180, Finland
France: adidas France S.a.r.l. | 1 Allée des Orcades, Strasbourg, 67000, France
Germany: adidas AG | Adi-Dassler-Strasse 1, Herzogenaurach, BY, 91074, Germany Greece: adidas Hellas A.E. | 112 Vouliagmenis Ave. & 1 Zamanou St., Glyfada, Athens, 16674, Greece Ireland: adidas (Ireland) Limited | Nangor Road, Nangor Road Business Park Unit C1, Clondalkin, Dublin 12, Ireland
Italy: adidas Italy S.p.A. | Via Monte San Primo 1, Monza MB, 20900, Italy
Norway: adidas Norge AS | Henrik Ibsens Gate 60, Oslo, 0255, Norway Poland: adidas Poland Sp. z o.o. | Ul. Zwirki I Wigury 18A, Warszawa, 02-092, Poland Portugal : adidas Portugal - Artigos de Desporto, S.A. | Av. D. João II, Lote 1.17.03 - 12° Piso, Lisboa, 1998-026, Portugal
Slovakia: adidas Slovakia, s.r.o. | Galvaniho 15/A,Bratislava, 821 04, Slovakia
Spain: adidas Espana S.A. | Avenida María Zambrano, 31, Edificio WTC Torre Este- 4ª planta, Zaragoza, 50018, Spain
South Africa - 2nd Floor, Unit 2C, Black River Park North, Fir Road, Observatory, Cape Town, 7925, South Africa
Sweden: adidas Sverige AB | Gårdsvägen 13, Solna, 16970, Sweden
Switerland: adidas sport gmbH | Brunnmatt 20, Cham, ZG, CH-6330, Switzerland
The Netherlands: adidas Benelux B.V. | Plesmanstraat 1, Sports Business Centre / Showrooms 10 & 11, Leusden, 3833 LA, the Netherlands
UK: adidas (UK) Limited | Pepper Road, Hazel Grove, The adidas Centre, Stockport, Cheshire, SK7 5SA, England
USA: adidas America Inc. | 5055 N Greeley Ave., Portland, OR 97217, USA
To understand more about how adidas Data Controllers uses and protects your personal data, your rights and how to exercise them, please consult the adidas Privacy Notice on our website.
If you wish to contact the Data Protection Officer of adidas and adidas Data Controllers, please write to the adidas Privacy team below:
Global Legal (Privacy) | Data Protection Officer